Sunday 18 October 2020

Interior cleaning

Today I decided to free up some time for cleaning the interior. It's a bit smelly and musty, the carpet had some dirt, some doghair in the back (luckily very little), small cobwebs and dirty spots on some handles and the sun visors (yuck). 









First a good vacuum cleaning was a very rewarding exercise. 


Then wiping off all plastics. For this I had bought a spray bottle by Turtle wax which also could be used for the windows. And I bught a new micro fibre cloth (costs € 12,99 and € 2,49) I used up the whole bottle! 


During the cleaning I noticed some door rubbers and strips not properly mounted, so some easy fixes. But I also noticed one doorstrip missing:-(  In the glove box was a small round cap and now I localized where it belonged.

I also took the effort to clean the door entries.




And last but not least I sprayed all the hinges with WD40 as some were a bit sqeeky. Next time I need to properly grease them but for now this will do nicely. 

Very pleased with the end result. So much nicer to step into a clean car with a proper smell. The car is now getting back some dignity. 

1 comment:

Information centre panel replacement

Ha! Last week I had some buttons replaced on my daily driver (kappa coupe). They had become soft and sticky. I received a spare control pane...