Friday 9 October 2020

Car wash + roofbar covers

Now the roofbar locks are fixed I finally had the opportunity to get the car washed. This does require however to have the roofbarholder holes to be covered: And you guessed it right, theser are also missing. So now I am on the hunt for a complete set.


I did find a NOS set on Ebay but I considered € 150,- a bit to pricey. A used set would do for me as well. At least I now know the part nr: 4630926. With this I was unable to source another set. So again I posted a request on Facebook. Let's see.


So for now I used a duct tape solutio which do the trick nicely.


so onto the car wash. As mentioned earlier, from a distance the car looks pretty much OK but on closer inspection it's very dirty and having lots of cosmetic items. I gave it the most expensive carwash programm (Best - € 13,50). 

On this photo you can now see the dent in the back corner:




Afterwards the car looked again much nicer. But since the car must have been parked outside for so long without any proper cleaning there are still lots of greasy spots and some kind of small varnish drops (I guess it must have been parked under a tree). So to get is properly done I need to polish it using a machine. Also the seal surrounding on the side windows of the boot and the back window had a green layer underneath on the inside. So it looks like these are leaky. Yesterday I was fiddling around in the boot and by accident I noticed I could push the backside windows slighty out without much pressure, confirming they are loose indeed and explaining how that part got a dirty green layer on the inside. A potential future job I need to tackle.

In any case, with the rainy wheather and the fresh wax coating it does look nice and shiny with all fresh raindrops on the outside. Should have made a photo, oh well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Information centre panel replacement

Ha! Last week I had some buttons replaced on my daily driver (kappa coupe). They had become soft and sticky. I received a spare control pane...