Monday 5 October 2020

Introduction

 Yes friends! Another car, another blog. 

Unexpectedly I became owner of this car. Last year or so I told my friend I was interested to buy a wintercar. Meaning I would have the option to drive something different. My current daily driver for the past 7 years is a Lancia Kappa Coupe. I bought it with 160.000 km and now it's almost hitting 300.000 km. It's from 1998 in Lancia Blu with a Poltrona Frau leather interior and with the 5-cylinder 2.4 engine. 


At that time I was thinking about a Alfa Romeo 166 but effectively the idea faded away. A few weeks ago this car showed up on Facebook: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/532107696908192/permalink/3176896492429286

Apparently it was offered for sale before but somehow the deal did not went ahead. So it was put up for sale again. Although I had spotted it I was to busy with other activities - so simply ignored it. A few days later I was called by my friend who had bought it. And explaining it was a very nice car for me to drive in the winter months so I had to buy it from him. As the price was right I figured it would be a nice car to use. Else I could use it for parts - mostly the engine only and some other bits and pieces.

I was told the car was owned by the first owner for about 20 years, he passed away 2 years ago. The widow kept the car for another 2 years before releasing it. It was then purchased by the 2nd owner who only needed a temporary large car for business use. He only used it a few months and also used it for a wintersport holiday - the skibox was included with the car. Furthermore I was told the car was always very well maintained. The pictures on Facebook did look very promising as well. 

So the deal was made and I made contact with the seller to agree on a date and time. More about that in the next blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Information centre panel replacement

Ha! Last week I had some buttons replaced on my daily driver (kappa coupe). They had become soft and sticky. I received a spare control pane...