Saturday 24 October 2020

Windscreen wipers

Another annoying item I tackled today were the windscreen wipers. Well, one of them. The one on the right was mounted incorrectly and pointing upwards. Furthermore the black paint was partly gone and some bits were a bit rusty. 




So time to dismantle them. Unfortunately the screw caps were missing and by surprise I could unscrew both bolts by hand as they apparently were not tightened, pfff.  

I sanded them slightly and provided a new black paint. 



And afterwards mounted them correctly. Later that day I sourced a set of original screw/bolt caps, so all is good again. Looks so much better now. 



No costs were involved for this exercise :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Information centre panel replacement

Ha! Last week I had some buttons replaced on my daily driver (kappa coupe). They had become soft and sticky. I received a spare control pane...