Saturday 31 October 2020

New rims - Speedline SL-1188 - 7JX16H2

Well, new used rims. A few years ago I spotted a Lancia Thema for sale which had these rims in the boot. So I contacted the seller if these were separately for sale. I thought they would come in handy to use these rims for my Kappa Coupe so I could refurbish the original ones. Besides I simply liked the looks of these rims. So I purchased them for € 100,-  They were not in a good state but good enough for temporary spares. Unfortunately they are 16 inch. The 17 inch are quite rare and likely much more expensive if for sale. 

In any case they now can be used for my SW as the current rims are a bit dull and in a poor state as well. The current rims are having fairly new winter tyres - I guess the previous owner had these renewed when going on wintersport.


With the soft winters over the last years I doubt if they are needed now. And if so, I still can mount these wheels back for the time required. So a nice original spare winter tyre set ready. 

I was lucky to have another set of a spare steel wheels with fairly new summer tyres - only used about 6 months or so. So the plan was to get these summer tyres off and put them on the new Speedline rims (as these had very old and hard winter tyres):


Once done they were balanced (and the required weights placed on the inside). The total cost for doing this work was € 35,- 


Just adding these detail photo's for the records:



And here you can see the result with these new rims mounted. Very pleased with the end result, looks so much better now. Note these rims were optional available only for the SW, so this works out so nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Information centre panel replacement

Ha! Last week I had some buttons replaced on my daily driver (kappa coupe). They had become soft and sticky. I received a spare control pane...