Saturday 26 August 2023

Information centre panel replacement

Ha! Last week I had some buttons replaced on my daily driver (kappa coupe). They had become soft and sticky. I received a spare control panel from Jos - his neighbour had a few kappa parts in his garage and were given to him/me about year ago or so.

I was unsure if these buttons easily could be removed but with a screwdriver they easily could be popped out. So I simply could add them to my daily driver. I was really pleased with that.

So today I figured I should use that panel to replace the one in the Kappa SW since that one had a poor display unit:


Turned out to become a bit of a hassle to get everything out. Not rocket science but a lot of fidling. Especially since the radio would not come out. Well, eventually it did came out but it was a struggle. Luckily I had the radio key-tools in my daily driver. But one side gave a little trouble to unlock the spring lever.


the anti-climax was replacing the unit and turned out to be completely dead, sigh! So I had to put everything back again. Resulting in some plastic snapping off (ash-tray) - so that one does no longer stays locked (I think or hope I can glue it next time - I found some plastic piece when removing the unit, so I figured that must be the culprit). 

Next, also the gearlever leather coverholder snapped. It was an aftermarket item and the plastic rim simply broke into pieces. Sigh!


So I ended up with more work to be fixed on the next round. 

In any case. I had all the tyres pumped. Hooked up the battery and it started fairly quick. I drove a few kilometers. And I have to say it runs so well, very pleased with that. It's just all these tiny bits I still need to sort out and a lot of cosmetic items. Oh well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Information centre panel replacement

Ha! Last week I had some buttons replaced on my daily driver (kappa coupe). They had become soft and sticky. I received a spare control pane...