Tuesday 10 November 2020

Hello Music Lovers!

As per previous blog the radio I purchased was slightly broken and I made an attempt to fix it. 

By the way, this is the old radio that came out: JVC KS-F350R  Anyone interested?


Back to the Lancia Blaupunkt radio. As said, the cassette / LCD screen lid was partly loose. My guess is they have forced it open (no idea why?) and due to this the lower touch keys were also partly loose. As can be seen on this photo the gear is damaged:


I was able to remove that part completely but there was nothing that could be done to fix it. When taking the LCD lid off the flat cable also came out by itself. Sigh



I was hoping this could be easily fixed:


And yes, this was possible, I expect it was pulled out with a little force from the socket as the black holder was still firmly closed. So with a screwdriver I opened up the socket, put the cable back in and pushed the holder back. Phew!


With a little play and force I was able to get the LCD front back in it's postion - this required to have the push button also to be removed but this went fine, nothing broke off. Now all is put nicely back together. Time to test it. Luckily the connectors from the previous radio were identical and it was a matter of plug and play. Except for the antenna. For this I had to buy an adapter which costed me another € 5,42





And all fitted nicely:


And presto:


Everything appears to be working fine. The opening and closing of the LCD screen is however, as expected, partly working. It does open and close but not entirely due to the damaged gearwheel. So you need to give it a gentle push by hand. So I picked randomly an old cassette from my archive and I was very pleased to hear it again, I guess it must have recordings on it which are more than 25 years old. One of my all time disco favorites: I feel love - remixed by Rollo (Faithless). 



Something I also discovered is that there is a subwoofer mounted in the bootlid (this is original). All speakers still give good sound. So coming saturday I still need to place the missing speaker in the left front door and all is good.

For the records the radio id: 60661734. Sorry Paolo, I had to keep this one for myself.


 


2 comments:

  1. Nice job, what about changing the language?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have problem with buttons not registering presses. Any knowledge on how to fix that? Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Information centre panel replacement

Ha! Last week I had some buttons replaced on my daily driver (kappa coupe). They had become soft and sticky. I received a spare control pane...