Saturday 14 November 2020

Turn up the bass

Today it was time to install the front speaker. I had to remove the panel first which I had put back with a few screws only. This time I was able to reach one tiny screw on the inside as the main last screw was impossible to remove. In any case, the panel came off:


Clearly it's visible they have been messing around before but I have no idea what they have been up to. Also the speaker frame was completely loose and the screw holders severely damaged, why??? I found some bits and pieces on the inside at the bottom.


I sourced some screws, bolts and nuts and was able to put the speaker holder back again


And now with the speaker fixed and connected. Good I have the original speaker as it all fit's nicely and the cable connectors as well.


And before putting the panel back again I also had the speaker grill fixed as one of the clips was not fitted correctly meaning it was partly loose as well. Now everything is firm and correctly put together. So nice to have a good stereo in the car again. And no rattle when closing the door.

I did however had the subwoofer checked as it sounded not good when turning up the bass. 

Well, I had to be in that area as well for another shortcoming. More on that in another blog.

Here you can see the subwoofer:


On both sides the cone has a severe damage, so maybe I need to source another one:





1 comment:

  1. You can buy new foam circles and refoam the current speaker.

    ReplyDelete

Information centre panel replacement

Ha! Last week I had some buttons replaced on my daily driver (kappa coupe). They had become soft and sticky. I received a spare control pane...