Thursday 5 November 2020

Roofbar caps

Due to Covid I'm obviously driving my car lesser as usual. However on the few occassions I noticed the roofbars are causing a very annoying wind noise. Exactly around the speed at 70 - 100 kmh.  So I would like to remove the roofbars after all (although its a nice original accessory). I was still awaiting my caps by someone who had a salvage SW. But it was taking to long and the person was not very communicative. So I got ahold by another owner (in Germany) who had them spare but these were from the Turbo trim which is in a different color (and over my budget as well). So I made another attempt and via via I ended up at Auto Europa Italie (now added to the sidebar). He had them available for me. So for € 42,50 (incl. shipping) the deal was made yesterday and today I received them. Yes.


It's a very simple and clever push system:


And mounted. I have to admit the car looks even better without the roofbars. This stationwagon is having one of the most beautiful roof lines build (at least in this era). Another masterpiece by Pininfarina.



And now the old roofbars back in the boot. Note the optional original Lancia floormat


And the spare boot underneath is having one as well:


Case closed




No comments:

Post a Comment

Information centre panel replacement

Ha! Last week I had some buttons replaced on my daily driver (kappa coupe). They had become soft and sticky. I received a spare control pane...