So yes, it passed the MOT/APK on the 2nd attempt after I had fixed all the items. It's now valid till next year:
- Vervaldatum APK
- 15 september 2027
Today was a lovely day so I left early. I brought all the tooling outside and made a start. Jacking up the car, pulling off the wheel and go.
All the new items readily available:
But then, the driveshaft nut did not came off. It was stuck and the air-impact wrench did not work out.
So I had to use my own strenght. I ended using a 2 meter long pipe:
The first tool simply snapped off:
The 2nd tool, much stronger also ended up demolished:
So, effectively I could not pursue this task. That's the downside of doing work on Sunday, you can't go to the tooling / automotive shop. I think the nut needs to be heated up. Also my air-impact wrench is really old and potentially not strong enough. Then again, if these tools snap off / twisted open with a 2 meter leverage pipe it must be severely tight. So I will bring it to the garage across the street to free up this nut.
So with the remaining time I decided to renew the oil and the filter. I had this also readily available.
This job went fairly easy. I had noticed already the drainage plug was leaking a tiny drop of oil
So I had new gaskets available as well
Filling up with 5,5 liter of oil and checking afterwards. All looking good and no more leaking.
Hopefully coming saturday I can make a new attempt.
.jpeg)


.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment